Prayer Starters: May 2022
Friday, May 06, 2022
We gather on Saturday, May 7 to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall be praying throughout the month of May using these prayer points. Please add to them as the Spirit of God lays things to pray for in your heart.
Remember that these thanksgiving and prayer requests continue through the month. You are to pray every morning or anytime you set aside for prayer.
There are 6 sessions that can take you an hour or more to pray. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit.
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month fasting. This means we are encouraging fasting on June 4 and subsequent Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions will begin from noon to 3 pm each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit may lead from month to month.
1. Prayer of Thanksgiving
Read John 6:8-12
In our text, we see that Jesus was faced with a serious situation. A large crowd of people had been with Him for about three days listening to His teachings. Definitely, someone would have to provide food. There was only one kid who had a lunch packed consisting of 2 fish and 5 barley loaves. Jesus received the meal and we are told that the first thing He did was to give thanks. Right after he distributed the food to His disciples for the people. I see a connection between a great need and an attitude of giving thanks even in the midst of need. The Lord of Heaven who owns all and can do anything multiplied that small lunch to feed thousands. As you give thanks today let us believe that God is able to do anything and that our attitude of thanksgiving brings about a multiplier effect of good on our lives and circumstances.
Take a moment to think about things you should be thankful for. Give thanks and praise Him.
- Praise God just because He is God and our Father in Heaven
- Give thanks for the success of our first prayer summit in April.
- Give thanks for answers to prayer requests that we have begun to see in JFC.
- Give thanks for the grace to pray corporately and individually
- Give thanks in advance for all the surprises He is bringing your way this month
2. Prayer of Repentance
Read 1 John 1:8-10
- As people, we sin and go against the will of God. Sometimes we are not even aware that we may have sinned. There are sins of commission and sins of omission. Commission are things we do that are sinful and sins of omission are things we should do that are left undone. Let us pray a prayer of repentance seeking the Lord for a refreshing.
- After praying repentance let us ask for a refreshing of the Spirit to help us in prayer today. Invite the presence of God by His Spirit. Ask for the help of angels as we pray.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.1 John 1:8-10 NKJV
3. Prayer for Divine Favor in our profession
Read Luke 2:52, Psalm 5:12
Open doors have something to do with favor from God. When God favors a person doors swing wide open. Isn’t it interesting that Jesus who was the Son of God fully God and fully human needed favor before God and people to succeed while on earth?
“So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”Genesis 6:7-8 NKJV
- Give praise to God for the favor we have enjoyed as a church family and individual families so far
- Pray for favor before the owners of land and property around us to donate and or sell to Joy Fountain for a reasonable amount. Acts 4:36, Psalm 24:1-2
- Pray for everyone looking for work or better paying opportunities that they may receive favor before owners and employers
- Pray for wisdom for people to know what to do.
4. Asking for 10 New Families Added to JFC
Our heavenly Father desires that His body on earth grow. It is a healthy thing to want to see growth for the right reasons. We want more people to know and experience the power of God through Jesus Christ.
“So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”Acts 2:46-47 NKJV
Using the verses above and other verses of scripture let us pray the following requests:
- Grace to CONTINUE in fellowship like the early church in Jerusalem.
- Grant us FAVOUR with all people.
- Like you ADDED to the church in Jerusalem in Acts 2, Lord Jesus, add to us at Joy Fountain many New Families with many children (youth and teens) who want to know God and grow in relationship with you.
- Pray that this church finds favor before men, women, children, youth, and young adults
- Continue to work in us to become a people of Prayer, Purpose, and Power.
5. Prayer for Financial Provision
In Acts 4:36. we are told that some of the people, in order to provide for God’s advancing work, sold their landed property and brought the proceeds of sale to the apostle’s feet.
If everyone who follows Jesus does their part the church will not lack the finances required to do some of God’s work.
Did you know also that Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes made a remarkable comment? He said that money is a defense? Wow! Have you ever read that in the Bible? If you haven’t read it and mark it!
And Joses who was also named Barnabas by the apostles… a levite of the country of Cyprus having land sold it and brought the money and laid it at the apostles feetActs 4:36-37 NKJV
The silver is mine and the gold is mine says the Lord of hosts. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than the former says the Lord of hosts and in this place I will give peaceActs 2:8-9 NKJV
“For wisdom is a defense as money is a defense…”Ecclesiastes 7:12 NKJV
Using the verses of scripture above and other verses let us pray the following prayer requests:
- Father in heaven thank you for providing for us financially to carry out your will on earth. Matthew 17:24-27
- CALL OUT all the finances that are needed for God’s work to be done through Joy Fountain Church and everywhere. Matthew 17:24-27. (Note Vs. 27)
- Pray for churches that are threatened as a result of failing finances all over Canada to seek the Lord and receive breakthroughs in every area.
- Pray for the hearts of believers to be softened in the area of giving to God as He prospers us
- Ask the Lord to add more to this church who will be financial giants for the Kingdom
6. Prayer for the Defeat of Territorial Sorcery
Acts 8:9-13, Acts 13:6-12
“Sorcery is the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits” (Merriam Webster).
Sorcerers exist today everywhere and hate the gospel and those who follow Jesus. The church is the only agency on earth with the power through Jesus’ name to overcome sorcery. When we pray against these dark spirits we will begin to see results in these areas as people’s eyes open to the truth.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Elymas in high places of authority and government. Cast them out.
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like king Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood for the release of those whose minds are held captive. 1 Corinthians 4:4