Prayer Starters: From September 3, 2022
Saturday, September 03, 2022
Prayer Guide James 5:16-18
We gather on Saturday, September 3 for the most important gathering of each month to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall continue praying throughout the month of September using these prayer points every day during our private and family prayer times.
Please feel free to add to the prayer guidelines as the Spirit of God lays things on your heart.
There are 6 sessions that can take you an hour or more to pray. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit.
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month FASTING. You may have water tea or juice between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm. Here is an article on the “Top 10 benefits of Fasting.” https://joyfountainchurch.com/learn/prayer/top-10-benefits-of-fasting-with-prayer.
This means we are encouraging fasting on September 3 and all subsequent Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions will begin from noon to 3 pm on the first Saturday of each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit of God may lead us from month to month.
The plan going forward is to send the prayer guide ahead of time so we can all begin to prepare our hearts.
1. Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving
Read 1 Chronicles 29:10-13
King David intended to build the Temple for the Lord in Jerusalem but the Lord had said no and that his successor would be the one to build it. He then decided to prepare resources for the building and almost at the end of his life had accumulated abundant resources from his own personal wealth for this purpose. He also moved all the people to give to the project. The princes, elders, and leaders of the people in response gave unreservedly for the construction of God’s house. Interestingly, despite the fact that David was not allowed by the Lord to build, he rendered great words of praise and adoration for the ability to gather resources for the project. That is exemplary!
Take a moment to think about the past month of August. Are you able to connect some things God did in your life to the prayer requests from the August Prayer Summit? If so be specific in naming those things and giving thanks plus the list below.
- Praise God for the determinate end of Covid 19.
- Praise God because He is God and our Father in Heaven
- Give thanks for the success of our Prayer Summits so far
- Give thanks for good attendance and participation at Prayer Summits
- Give thanks for answers to prayer requests that we have begun to see in your life and in JFC.
- Give thanks for the stirring of our hearts to prayer
- Give thanks in advance for all the answers to prayer from August Prayer Summit
2. Prayer of Repentance and Consecration
Read Jeremiah 3:22
- Let us ask God to forgive us of all presumptuous sin as we consecrate ourselves to Him
Jeremiah says that God promises that if we come to Him He will heal our backsliding hearts:
“Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings.”Jeremiah 3:22 NKJV
- Ask for the help of angels as we pray corporately today and throughout this month
“And He was withdrawn from them about a stones throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”Luke 22:41-44 NKJV
3. Prayer for Miracles of Salvation and Deliverance
Read: Acts 11:19-21
There are many in our city and province today who are seeking a different way from what they have been taught or what they have experienced. Let us remember the various other faith communities where there are people who may be locked in by peer pressure or fear of reprisal that the Lord sets them free and protect them from harm.
“Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions..”Psalm 107:19-20 NKJV
- Pray that the hand (anointing) of the Lord be upon us
- Break any generational curse affecting people and limiting them from finding deliverance in Christ
- Lift up the First Nations, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, and other such communities where there are people wanting to try something different but are being hindered.
- Pray for God to answer the secret prayers of those who are religiously oppressed in our nation.
- Pray for wisdom for people to know what to do. Acts 10:1-4
4. Asking for Wisdom and Staffing for a second service and other ministries.
There are many people out there looking for truth and desire a relationship with God. They may not know which local church to become part of. As we pray in faith God will lead those who are meant to be with us to us. Angels will join in the work of bringing them into this community.
“So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”Acts 2:46-47 NKJV
Using the verses above and other verses of scripture let us pray the following requests:
- Thank God for the NEW families who have started attending JFC in the last 4-5 months.
- Lord find us all the Cornelius brothers and sisters in Winnipeg. See Acts 10:1-8
- Like You ADDED to the church in Jerusalem in Acts 2, Lord Jesus, add to us at Joy Fountain many New Families with many children (youth and teens) who want to know God and grow in relationship with you.
- Pray that this church finds favor before men, women, children, youth, and young adults
- Pray for growth in the youth ministry
- Pray that the Lord continues to work in us to be a people of Prayer, Purpose, and Power.
5. Pray for Financial Breakthrough for God’s People
Read Ecclesiastes 9:13-16
While Jesus said we would always have the poor among us He also taught that His disciples should care for the poor. We cannot do this if we are all limited financially in that regard.
Also, it is helpful to note that Jesus never lacked needed resources. Whether it was in the multiplication of food to feed the multitude, money to pay temple taxes, or a donkey to ride for the triumphant entry into Jerusalem, we cannot miss the consistent story of divine provision for Christ.
It is a good idea to pray for the finances of the local church as well as for the hearts of Jesus’ followers never to be tied to material things and so be willing to give generously to God.
The silver is mine and the gold is mine says the Lord of hosts. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than the former says the Lord of hosts and in this place I will give peaceHaggai 2:8 NKJV
Using the verses of scripture above and other verses let us pray the following prayer requests:
- Father in heaven thank you for providing for us financially to carry out your will on earth. Matthew 17:24-27
- CALL OUT all the finances that are needed for God’s work to be done through Joy Fountain Church and everywhere. Matthew 17:24-27. (Note Vs. 27)
- Pray for churches that are threatened as a result of failing finances all over Canada to seek the Lord and receive breakthroughs in every area.
- Pray for the hearts of believers to be softened in the area of giving to God as He prospers us
- Ask the Lord to raise financial giants for the Kingdom within His church.
- Pray that JFC will have Divine favor with owners of property near us in due season.
6. Prayer for the Defeat of Territorial Sorcery
Numbers 22:1-12, Numbers 23:1-12
“Sorcery is the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits” (Merriam-Webster).
Sorcerers exist today everywhere (including Canada) and hate the gospel and those who follow Jesus. The church is the only agency on earth with the power through Jesus’ name to overcome sorcery. When we pray against these dark spirits and those controlled by them we will begin to see results in these areas as God opens people’s eyes to the truth.
- Pray that the citizens of this great country will be united against any semblance of evil. Let God be our Salvation indeed.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Balaam seeking to hurl curses and hexes against the people of God.
- Pray against the works of satan and his minions
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like king Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood for the release of those whose minds are held captive. Acts 8:9-13, 1 Corinthians 4:4
Give Thanks and Praise for Answered Prayers
God chooses to answer our prayer in the way He determines to be best for us. He is always at work and what may appear like a delay with God is never a denial. Let us be encouraged by this scripture
“Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.”1 Kings 8:56 NKJV
- Give praise for answers that are on their way already
Look out and pay attention to see areas where the Father is moving and answering prayers. Give Him Praise! Amen!
October 1 2022 is our next Prayer Summit. It is the most important service for that month as well. See you there!