Prayer Starters: From October 7, 2023
Thursday, October 05, 2023
We gather on Saturday, October 7 for the most important gathering of each month to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall continue praying throughout the month of October using these prayer guidelines every day during our private and family prayer times.
Please feel free to add to the prayer guidelines as the Spirit of God lays things on your heart.
There are always 6/7 sections that can take you an hour or more to pray through. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit. PRAY AT HOME
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month FASTING. You may have water tea or juice between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm.
This means we are encouraging fasting for all Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions are from Noon to 3 p.m. with fasting on the first Saturday of each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit of God may lead us from month to month.
1. Prayer of Repentance and Consecration.
Let’s begin with a prayer of repentance and consecration. Sit before the Lord silently for a few moments and let Him bring to mind things you need to deal with.
- Practice confession of known sins before the Lord. 1 John 1:9
- Practice forgiveness by releasing those who have offended you. Mark 11:25-26
- Practice asking for forgiveness from those who may have been offended
Scripture Text Meditation and 1 hr Prayer Session:
The first hour is divided into 3 parts. We begin by giving praise to God our Father. We then engage in a journey through scripture meditation where we pray congregationally about the will of The Father as it is revealed to us.
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving. Psalms 95, Psalms 34:1-8
Interestingly it is Thanksgiving Weekend 2023 and in these sets of scripture verses the Psalmist encourages us to “sing songs of praise” and to “come into His presence with thanksgiving.” This is why many church meetings include singing, dancing and, clapping our hands while we sing joyfully to our Father in Heaven. We are also encouraged to “extol” the Lord which means to praise highly and exalt Him. Here are a few questions for you:
- What are you thankful for? Do not generalize. Be specific in listing items you are thankful for.
- What wondrous works can we as a church community and individuals talk about?
- Praise Him for the things you can recall on your list
Praying The Model Prayer for 1 Hour
During this session please read meditatively for 5-7 minutes all of 1 Kings 17. Make a note of what pops out to you. We will use the verses and messages that stand out to you for congregational prayer points.
Pray for One Another
During this session let us take a moment to pray for one another. What are the things you need prayer for? Let us take turns in praying for one another.
2. The God Who Provides and Protects
There is no doubt that inflation has taken a big bite out of the paycheck of the majority of Canadian paychecks. Inflation and out-of-reach cost of living are a reality in human history and tend to repeat for various reasons. God provides for His people no matter the situation.
Let us pray using these verses of scripture Philippians 4:19, Psalm 37:25,
- Drawing our examples and references from scripture, give praise to God for His faithfulness throughout all the generations for providing for His people.
- Using the Scriptures provided let us again praise God for “He is the same yesterday today and forever” and what He has done before He can do again in these times. He will surely provide for us.
- Declare miraculous provision in every way for families who are now going through difficulties.
- Declare that no one in Joy Fountain Church will lack any good thing.
God also PROTECTS us from the evil scourging the land. Read Psalm 91:1-16. Let us pray using this Psalm.
- Declare verses 1 and 2 that because we are saved by grace through Jesus Christ we are under the Shadow of the Most High.
- Pray Verse 3 through 16 as written by the Psalmist. Pray and declare these things over your family and the body of Christ with the Authority you have been given in Christ.
3. A Righteous Church Seeking and Growing in God’s Love
Read Ephesians 3:14-19
The Church is not a human concept. She is God’s design, His family on Earth. For this reason, we must live and operate our lives within and outside the Church according to the will of God. If we do not know the will of God how can we live it? Paul’s prayer in the above verses of scripture is directed towards our knowledge of God’s love for the purpose of being filled with His love.
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.Ephesians 3:14-19 NKJV
Pray using the verses above all of the same prayer requests Paul asks of the Father for His church.
The Lord wants His church to grow, He desires to see many saved also. See 2 Peter 3:9.
4. Remember “The King’s RESET” 2023? Read Isaiah 43:19
Early in 2023, we defined a reset as “to make new.” Previously each Tuesday in November 2022, we had fasted and prayed for the King’s reset in our lives and our nation. As we stated then we restate even now that a reset can occur in our lives because God is our Father, and we have a covenant with Him. A Divine reset can also happen in our nation because He is the Judge of all the earth.
Using the verses of scripture included and other verses you would like, let us revisit the following prayer requests asking for Isaiah 43:19 in the following areas:
- Reset in families.
- Reset in homes and marriages
- Reset in our Canadian Government
In what small or major areas have you seen resets happening? Pay attention and you will be amazed.
5. “Casting Down Every High Thing…”
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.2 Corinthians 10:3-6 NKJV
- Pray that the citizens of this great country will grow in unity against any semblance of authoritarian evil.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Balaam seeking to hurl curses and hexes against the people of God.
- Pray against the works of satan and his minions
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like King Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood and nation for the release of those whose minds are held captive. Acts 8:9-13, 1 Corinthians 4:4
6. Called into a Deeper Walk with God. Philippians 3:10 and Galatians 2:20
The Book of Ephesians calls us to a deeper walk with God. From the beginning of the Epistle, Paul makes it clear that we are blessed with spiritual blessings in heavenly places, Ephesians 1:3. The problem for us is living out the spiritual blessing in the natural. Paul gives the recipe in his epistle to the church in Galatia:
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.Galatians 2:20 NKJV
A deeper walk with Christ is a call to the crucifixion of our flesh and its desires. We cannot experience the power of Christ on the peripherals of the concept. God forbid that the only experience we have as Jesus’ followers is shallow. The flesh (human nature) must be crucified daily to experience a deeper walk with Him.
- Pray that the reality of Galatians 2:20 will occur in your life and mine.
- Pray that we become submitted to Jesus Christ as true disciples
7. Give Thanks and Praise for Answered Prayers
God chooses to answer our prayer in the way He determines to be best for us. He is always at work and what may appear like a delay with God is never a denial. Let us be encouraged by this scripture
“Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.”1 Kings 8:56 NKJV
Look out and pay attention to see areas where the Father is moving and answering prayers. Give Him Praise! Amen!
Our next Prayer Summit will be held on Saturday, November 4, 2023. Remember a prayer gathering of the church of Jesus Christ is the most important gathering of any month. Our prayer gatherings where we pray the will of God from the scriptures set the tone for everything else that happens within the Church community. Please plan to attend. See you there!
MORE IMPORTANTLY GO DEEPER WITH GOD. PRAY AT HOME!