Prayer Starters: From October 1, 2022
Saturday, October 01, 2022
Prayer Guide 1 Kings 14:1-20 (end)
We gather on Saturday, October 1 for the most important gathering of each month to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall continue praying throughout the month of October using these prayer points every day during our private and family prayer times.
Please feel free to add to the prayer guidelines as the Spirit of God lays things on your heart.
There are always 6/7 sections that can take you an hour or more to pray through. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit.
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month FASTING. You may have water tea or juice between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm. Here is an article on the “Top 10 benefits of Fasting.” https://joyfountainchurch.com/learn/prayer/top-10-benefits-of-fasting-with-prayer.
This means we are encouraging fasting on October 1 and all subsequent Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions will begin from noon to 3 pm on the first Saturday of each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit of God may lead us from month to month.
And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”Matthew 21:13 NKJV
May we be inspired to gather to pray not only once a month but severally in our homes and as a community as the Spirit leads and inspires us. If we don’t gather to pray as a necessity, we will turn God’s house into something else. God forbid!
1. Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving
Read 2 Chronicles 5:1-14
Solomon had become king after the death of his father King David. David before he died had prepared all that would be needed for Solomon to build the temple of the Lord. Upon the completion of the great Temple, the people gathered led by their King to celebrate and give thanks to God. The chapter begins by announcing that “all the work was finished…”
There are times in our lives we are waiting for certain things rather than looking back to see what God has already done for in and around us. The old hymn “Count your blessings and it will surprise you what the Lord has done” by …is a great reminder of this fact.
Take a moment to think about the past month of September and maybe the entire year to this point. Are you able to connect some things God did in your life to the prayer requests from the past Prayer Summit/s? If so be specific in naming those things and giving thanks plus the list below.
- Praise God for the determinate end of Covid 19 and the lifting of restrictions.
- Praise God because He is God and our Father in Heaven
- Give thanks for the success of our Prayer Summits so far
- Give thanks for good attendance and participation at Prayer Summits
- Give thanks for answers to prayer requests that we have begun to see in your life and in JFC.
- Give thanks for the stirring of our hearts to prayer
- Give thanks in advance for all the answers to prayer from September Prayer Summit
2. Prayer of Repentance and Consecration
Read Psalm 19:12-13
- Let us ask God to forgive us of all presumptuous sin as we consecrate ourselves to Him
David cries out to God about cleansing from personal error and secret faults. He brings up the issue of presumptious sin asking that they dont have dominion over him. We need to do the same.
“Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.”Psalm 19:12-13 NKJV
- Ask for the help of angels as we pray corporately today and throughout this month
“And He was withdrawn from them about a stones throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”Luke 22:41-44 NKJV
3. The Hand of The Lord
Read Acts 11:27-30
There are many in our city and province today who are seeking a different way from what they have been taught or what they have experienced. Let us remember the various other faith communities where there are people who may be locked in by peer pressure or fear of reprisal that the Lord sets them free and protect them from harm.
“Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions..”Psalm 107:19-20 NKJV
- Pray that the hand (anointing) of the Lord be upon us
- Break any generational curse affecting people and limiting them from finding deliverance in Christ
- Lift up the First Nations, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, and other such communities where there are people wanting to try something different but are being hindered.
- Pray for God to answer the secret prayers of those who are religiously oppressed in our nation.
- Pray for wisdom for people to know what to do. Acts 10:1-4
4. A Wealthy and Righteous Church.
Read and pray through Acts 4:23-37
In this account, the early disciples were arrested and maltreated by the authorities because they would not stop preaching about Jesus. There are many today who will stop at nothing within their powers to truncate the preaching of the gospel just like back then. They will use all manner of legal instruments, intimidation, and harassment to stop us. The Church back then got together and prayed to hand over the threats to God. The chapter ends with a powerful testimony of the entire congregation not lacking anything plus several people like Barnabas selling land and handing over the proceeds to the Church for their use.
“Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold. 3 And he went on his journey from the South as far as Bethel, to the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Ai, 4 to the place of the altar which he had made there at first. And there Abram called on the name of the Lord.”Genesis 13:2-4 NKJV
Using the verses above and other verses of scripture let us pray the following requests:
- Thank God for the promise of provision for the assignment God has for His Church.
- Declare that just as father Abraham was blessed by God, JFC will have more than enough finances and every resource for the work of the ministry.
- Pray that the Lord will add willing workers to His vineyard TRANSFORMING CONSUMERS to CONDUITS of grace within and outside the local church. See Acts 8:4
- Pray for the Lord to touch hearts so that people become committed to giving first themselves totally to God and then out of all their material resources. See Romans 12:1
- Pray that the Lord continues to work in us to be a people of Prayer, Purpose, and Power. See 1 Peter 2:9
5. Pray for Many Salvations and Baptisms 2022/23
Read Acts 11:20-24
It is interesting that we read that the “hand of the Lord was with them” and the result was that they recorded many conversions to faith in Christ.
Using the verses of scripture above and other verses let us pray the following prayer requests:
- Pray for opportunities and for the “hand of the Lord” to be with us as it was with the early disciples.
- CALL OUT new believers that they are magnetized by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Pray for NEW CHRISTIANS to be magnetized by the power of the Holy Spirit
- Pray for NEW and “OLD” CHRISTIANS to stand firm in their new faith in Christ.
- Pray for NEW and “OLD” BELIEVERS to be strengthened and encouraged. See Ephesians 3:14-19
6. “Casting Down Every High Thing…”
Numbers 22:1-12, Numbers 23:1-12
“Sorcery is the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits” (Merriam-Webster).
Sorcerers exist today everywhere (including Canada) and hate the gospel and those who follow Jesus. The church is the only agency on earth with the power through Jesus’ name to overcome sorcery. When we pray against these dark spirits and those controlled by them we will begin to see results in these areas as God opens people’s eyes to the truth.
- Pray that the citizens of this great country will be united against any semblance of evil. Let God be our Salvation indeed.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Balaam seeking to hurl curses and hexes against the people of God.
- Pray against the works of satan and his minions
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like king Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood and nation for the release of those whose minds are held captive. Acts 8:9-13, 1 Corinthians 4:4
Give Thanks and Praise for Answered Prayers
God chooses to answer our prayer in the way He determines to be best for us. He is always at work and what may appear like a delay with God is never a denial. Let us be encouraged by this scripture
“Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.”1 Kings 8:56 NKJV
- Give praise for answers that are on their way already
Look out and pay attention to see areas where the Father is moving and answering prayers. Give Him Praise! Amen!
November 5 2022 is our next Prayer Summit. It is the most important service for that month as well. Please plan to be there. See you there!