Prayer Starters: From December 3, 2022
Saturday, December 03, 2022
We gather on Saturday, December 3 for the most important gathering of each month to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall continue praying throughout the month of October using these prayer points every day during our private and family prayer times.
Please feel free to add to the prayer guidelines as the Spirit of God lays things on your heart.
There are always 6/7 sections that can take you an hour or more to pray through. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit.
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month FASTING. You may have water tea or juice between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm.
This means we are encouraging fasting for all Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions are from noon to 3 pm on the first Saturday of each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit of God may lead us from month to month.
1. Prayer of Praise, Thanksgiving, Repentance, and Consecration
Take a moment to think about the past month of October and maybe the entire year to this point. Are you able to connect some things God did in your life to the prayer requests from the past Prayer Summit/s or your own personal time of prayer?
- Praise God for the determinate end of Covid 19 and the lifting of restrictions by end of 2022
- Praise God because He is God and our Father in Heaven
- Give thanks for the success of our Prayer Summits so far
- Give thanks for good attendance and participation at Prayer Summits
- Give thanks for answers to prayer requests that we have begun to see in your life and in JFC.
- Give thanks for the stirring of our hearts to prayer
- Give thanks in advance for all the answers to prayer from September Prayer Summit
Repentance and Consecration Psalm 19:12-14
David cries out to God about cleansing from personal error and secret faults. He brings up the issue of presumptuous sin asking that they don’t have dominion over him. We need to do the same.
“Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression.”Psalm 19:12-13 NKJV
- Let us ask God to forgive us of all presumptuous sins as we consecrate ourselves to Him. 1 John 1:9
- Pray that you will hate what God hates and love what He loves
- Ask for the help of angelic forces as you pray
“And He was withdrawn from them about a stones throw, and He knelt down and prayed, saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.” Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”Luke 22:41-44 NKJV
2. Church Growth
Read Acts 11:27-30
Only God can grow the church according to His will.
“Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, And He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions..”Psalm 107:19-20 NKJV
- Pray that the Lord will increase His church by His own power.
- Pray that the gospel will convict those who are searching for truth so that they may be converted.
- Lift up the First Nations, Sikh, Hindu, Muslim, and other such communities where there are people wanting to try something different but are being hindered by group pressure.
- Pray for God to answer the secret prayers of those who are religiously oppressed in our nation.
- Pray for wisdom for people to know exactly what to do.
3. A Wealthy and Righteous Church.
Read and pray through Acts 4:23-37
In this account, the early disciples were arrested and maltreated by the authorities because they would not stop preaching about Jesus. There are many today who will stop at nothing within their powers to truncate the preaching of the gospel just like back then. They will use all manner of legal instruments, intimidation, and harassment to stop us. The Church back then got together and prayed to hand over the threats to God. The chapter ends with a powerful testimony of the entire congregation not lacking anything plus several people like Barnabas selling land and handing over the proceeds to the Church for their use.
We see a precedent in historical accounts as well where God made sure to bless Abram even before his name was changed to Abraham. This wealth was for the glory of God. We cannot be as effective as we must be if we are all poor.
“Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold. 3 And he went on his journey from the South as far as Bethel, to the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Ai, 4 to the place of the altar which he had made there at first. And there Abram called on the name of the Lord.”Genesis 13:2-4 NKJV
Using the verses above and other verses of scripture let us pray the following requests:
- Thank God for the promise of provision for the assignment God has for His Church.
- Declare that just as father Abraham was blessed by God, JFC will have more than enough finances and every resource for the work of the ministry.
- Pray that the Lord will add willing workers to His vineyard TRANSFORMING CONSUMERS to CONDUITS of grace within and outside the local church. See Acts 8:4
- Pray for the Lord to touch hearts so that people become committed to giving first themselves totally to God and then out of all their material resources. See Romans 12:1
- Pray that the Lord continues to work in us to be a people of Prayer, Purpose, and Power. See 1 Peter 2:9
4. The King’s RESET 2022/23
Read Psalm 50:5-6
A reset is to make new. In the month of November each Tuesday, we fasted and prayed for the King’s reset in our lives and nation. A reset can occur in our lives because God is our Father, and we have a covenant with Him plus He is the Judge of all the earth. Glory!
Using the verses of scripture included and other verses you would like, let us pray the following prayer requests asking for a reset in the following areas:
- Pray to ask the Lord to reset your Heart. Pray for yourself as an individual. Proverbs 21:1
- Reset the prayer Hour in my life and in your church. Matthew 26:40
- Reset my Hand, Lord Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:8, Exodus 4:2, Deuteronomy 34:9
- Reset my home. Psalm 127:1
- Lord Reset true Headship as You intended it from the beginning. Exodus 28:13
- Reset Holiness in my life. Exodus 19:6
- Reset in the Canadian and the US Government
5. “Casting Down Every High Thing…”
Numbers 22:1-12, Numbers 23:1-12
“Sorcery is the use of power gained from the assistance or control of evil spirits” (Merriam-Webster).
Sorcerers exist today everywhere (including Canada) and hate the gospel and those who follow Jesus. The church is the only agency on earth with the power through Jesus’ name to overcome sorcery. When we pray against these dark spirits and those controlled by them we will begin to see results in these areas as God opens people’s eyes to the truth.
- Pray that the citizens of this great country will grow in unity against any semblance of authoritarian evil. Let God be our Salvation indeed.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Balaam seeking to hurl curses and hexes against the people of God.
- Pray against the works of satan and his minions
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like king Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood and nation for the release of those whose minds are held captive. Acts 8:9-13, 1 Corinthians 4:4
6. Personal Prayer Matters. Psalm 20:1-9
God our heavenly Father is interested in the minutest detail of our lives. What troubles your heart? What difficulties are you facing that you need Heaven’s intervention to resolve? God wants to show Himself strong on your behalf.
- Make a list of your personal items and pray for a miracle where needed. Matthew 7:7-11
7. Give Thanks and Praise for Answered Prayers
God chooses to answer our prayer in the way He determines to be best for us. He is always at work and what may appear like a delay with God is never a denial. Let us be encouraged by this scripture
“Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.”1 Kings 8:56 NKJV
- Give praise for answers that are on their way already
Look out and pay attention to see areas where the Father is moving and answering prayers. Give Him Praise! Amen!
December 4 2022 is our last Prayer Summit for 2022. It is the most important service for that month as well. Please plan to be there. See you there!