The King’s Reset Day 9: A Governing Church
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Welcome to Day 9. I hope you were able to use your personal and or family time on Saturday and Sunday evenings for some prayer and reflection however that applies to you.
It is God’s good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. He desires that even before we leave this world, we experience the powers to come. Years ago I had an acquaintance of my wife who worked in the Malaysian Embassy in Lagos. On occasion, she would have certain types of cookies, sweets, and other products that were made in Malaysia that were not available in the open market. These goods were brought in for Malaysian personnel and their families so that even though they were working at an overseas post they consistently had a taste of home.
As citizens of the Kingdom of Heaven, we have a foretaste of the powers of the age to come. That foretaste is refreshed by the work of the Holy Spirit in the Church. Salvation being a work of the Sovereign Grace of God is impossible with any kingly authority with a jurisdiction limited to earth. It had to come from the Father of spirits.
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.Hebrews 6:4-6 NKJV
And because we are spiritually adopted into God’s family, we have our Heavenly Father’s spiritual DNA (see 2 Peter 1:4). We have also been blessed with spiritual blessings as Paul writes to the Ephesian church
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.Ephesians 1:3-6 NKJV
Spiritual blessings from God who is All Power must then have the quality of “the powers of the age to come.” The question would then be how much of that power are we exhibiting. This brings us to the governing church. Our Father in Heaven is the “Governor among the nations,” The King of the universe, and the Creator of all things. Upon Jesus’ shoulder, Isaiah says “shall be the government.” If we are the body of Christ then we must exhibit the traits of a Governing authority within our ambassadorial territories.
The Governing Church is one that represents Christ in power and authority. This is because the government shall be upon His shoulders. Governance ability and capacity are given by Christ statutorily and the mechanism and structure for the delivery of Governance are aggregated by functioning disciples filled with the Holy Spirit. Statutory Governance: We are seated with Christ in Heavenly Places. This is ability and capacity. Mechanism and Structure: Delivered by functioning disciples. A church without functioning disciples will likely not last more than a generation. The only way to ensure lasting generational work is the making of disciples.
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV
We have received the truth of the Kingdom and as a result, varied resources will flow to us from Divine Headquarters to carry out the will of God, you and I and everyone in our faith community will aggregate a GOVERNING CHURCH regardless of our size. Governance is ALREADY written into our DNA.
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.2 Peter 1:2-4 NKJV
Prayer Session: “Governing Church”
Please use the worship song link and Scripture verses provided if you would like as fuel for a quality time of prayer.
- Matthew 16:18 Give thanks for the concept of the Governing Church.
- Isaiah 9:6. We must manifest our capacity as a Governing Church. Since the Church is Jesus’ body and the government is on His shoulders we must express ourselves as representatives of a foreign government with resources from abroad (OVERHEAVENS like Overseas).
- Pray Romans 14:17 for the Church in our City, Province, and Canada
- Philippians 4:19 Decree and declare Kingdom supply for God’s church in every area such as finances, volunteers, staff, equipment, etc in Jesus’ name.
- Luke 10:19. Pray that Joy Fountain expresses and represents the Kingdom of God as a Governing Church.
- End the session with thanksgiving and praise to the God who hears and answers our prayer.
Special Focus Prayer Against Evil | Vaccine Injury
- Matthew 15:13. Pray in a fiery manner and with authority that every plant growing in people as a result of the vaccine and boosters be pulled up in Jesus’ Name
- Psalm 35:1-10. Lord fight against those who fight against and demean the poor and helpless
What to do with personal/family time
Saturday and Sunday evenings during this fast are a great time for parents, spouses, and children as applicable to gather for some life-giving spiritual activity. You may use a worship video for singing, reading scripture passages, talking about what God is doing amongst you, etc. Let the Lord lead you.
A friend’s church decided to use one of their days to watch the chosen together.
- Daily: Morning Prayer Online at 7 – 7.30 am
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Evening Prayer In-person at Church Building 6 – 7 pm (Livestreamed)
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: Evening Prayer Online at 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: No evening gathering online or in person – your personal/family time