The King’s Reset Day 7: I Shall Not Fear!
Sunday, January 15, 2023
Welcome to Day 7 of The King’s Reset 21 days of Prayer and Fasting. We have 14 more days to go. God will be glorified. We had a wonderful family time spending over an hour in fellowship, bible study, and prayer. What was yours like?
Let’s declare today in prayer that we shall not be afraid. Say it out loud to yourself “I shall not fear…”
I just watched an investment video where the host a Christian gentleman was talking about self-talk. He described his past decades ago when he had come out of a very difficult gut-wrenching divorce that left him ruined, disillusioned, and in financial straits. He would park his vehicle at the farthest point in the parking lot at work to give him sufficient time to walk and talk to himself in preparation to face the day. Some of the things he would say to himself were simple things like “you can make it,” “you will succeed” your life will be beautiful, and on and on.
David, who became King of Israel and one of the Great grandfathers of Christ practiced self-talk in the area of overcoming the debilitating effects of fear. He wrote the famous words of scripture “…I will not fear…” several times in his many songs.
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?Psalm 56:3-4 NKJV
Again in Psalm 118,
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?Psalm 118:6 NKJV
Prior to becoming King, David was a nobody, the youngest child in a large family. When we first get to meet him in 1 Samuel 17, we find him tending the family herd in the countryside of Bethlehem one of the smaller villages of the nation of Israel. David becomes the champion of Israel after defeating Goliath the Philistine military champion. The women sing of his exploits comparing him with King Saul with the words “Saul has slayed his thousands and David his ten thousand.” And so began the problems of David. Saul out of rabid jealousy persecuted him, seeking to end his life until God intervened and put an end to Saul.
Imagine an elite army of 3,000 men personally selected by the king to hunt you down. Where in the nation can you hide if God is not on your side to provide you with some supernatural cover? It is no wonder that David declared faith over fear several times in the songs he authored.
What causes you fear? Or is it embedded fear, that you live with daily and have no idea how to get rid of it? Bring it to the Lord today and let Him take care of it. This is vital because fear is the opposite and the enemy of faith in God. More so scripture tells us that “perfect love casts out fear.“
Remember that in the principle of a reset, the Lord is able as the Surgeon of Heaven to surgically remove embedded fear from our lives. He is also able to help us turn quickly to Him when we are afraid.
We are gathering testimonies of what God is doing during these fasting prayer days. We would love to hear from you. Please kindly share a testimonial note with us by clicking here
Prayer Session: “I Will Not Fear”
Please use the worship song link and Scripture verses provided if you would like as fuel for a quality time of prayer. Let us defeat fear together.
- Here’s a link to a powerful song of encouragement to help you if you like:
- 2 Timothy 1:7. Thank and praise God for the victory Jesus won for us so that we do not need to live in fear. We already have the Spirit of Faith in us not a spirit of fear. Amen!
- Psalm 56:3-4, Using these verses pray against fear in your’s and others’ lives. Pray for family members and church members that we will be victorious over fear.
- Read and Pray using all the verses in Psalm 121
- Colossians 3:16 Pray that the word of God will dwell in you richly because “faith comes by hearing the word of God“
- End the session with thanksgiving and praise to the God who hears and answers our prayer.
Special Focus Prayer Against Evil | Vaccine Injury
- Matthew 21:18-22. Curse the unproductive “Fig Tree” of Vaccine injury
- Job 5:12. Pray that God Almighty should frustrate the devices of the evil ones.
- Judges 5:20. Let the stars of heaven align in their courses against evil cabals of this world
- 2 Corinthians 10:5. Cast down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
- Psalm 35:1-10. Lord fight against those who fight against and demean the poor and helpless
What to do with personal/family time
Saturday and Sunday evenings during this fast are a great time for parents, spouses, and children as applicable to gather for some life-giving spiritual activity. You may use a worship video for singing, reading scripture passages, talking about what God is doing amongst you, etc. Let the Lord lead you.
- Daily: Morning Prayer Online at 7 – 7.30 am
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Evening Prayer In-person at Church Building 6 – 7 pm (Livestreamed)
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: Evening Prayer Online at 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: No evening gathering online or in person – your personal/family time