The King’s Reset Day 11: A Governing Family
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Welcome to Day 11. Governing Families are a blessing to their generation. A Governing family is a nuclear family where members are followers of Jesus and satan is put to flight in Jesus’ name.
The world has done everything in its power to redefine what a marriage is and what a family looks like. The term “modern family” is used to describe the many types of families such as people cohabiting without any plan to formalize, two moms, two dads, two transgender parents, and now trans children plus the list continues to grow. The good news is that the Sovereign God already set the line in the sand by His own definitions. Our Father in Heaven has not changed His mind on His concept about marriage and family.
Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.Hebrews 13:4 NKJV
The world can choose to redefine anything, go in whatever direction that tickles our every fancy further away from God. Even the church is now divided on these matters. At the end of the day the scripture tells me in Isaiah 40:8 that “the word of the Lord stands forever.” Not the resolution of the denominational conference. What does that mean? It means that mankind will find that what God has said, what God has instituted in His wisdom will be found superior to what we decide is best for us. He will be found above all to be “Truth.”
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,Psalm 19:7-11 NKJV
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward.
Besides the definition and practice of marriage, the Lord provides for how exactly a couple that is a husband and wife should live to honor Him and how exactly a family is to raise their children, see Ephesians 5:22-33 and 6:1-4. The family where the husband and wife make a decision to follow Jesus seeking the Kingdom of God first will experience the righteousness, peace and joy that comes with the Holy Spirit. That home will experience Divine direction from the Lord because they have put their trust in Him.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
There are single parent households and single individual households as well seeking to honour the Lord with everything in their ability. The truth still remains that according to the scriptures “God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.” (Acts 10:34) God recognizes every effort made towards Him and anyone who puts their hope in Him “will never be put to shame.” Some of the finest citizens we have seen to serve in public life have been raised by single parent homes.
Be rest assured today that when you look out and see gross darkness covering the earth and you have made up your mind to follow Jesus, your family will not be put to shame.
For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”
Prayer Session: “Governing Family”
Please use the worship song link and Scripture verses provided if you would like as fuel for a quality time of prayer.
- Give thanks for the concept of a Governing Family, a home where God is honored.
- Luke 10:19. Pray that we manifest our capacity and ability as a Governing Family putting the enemy to flight.
- Pray Romans 14:17 for you and other Christian households. We have to be different! Righteousness peace and joy must reign. Amen!
- Declare that we will not be put to shame according to Romans 10:11.
- Pray that Joy Fountain families express and represent the Kingdom of God everywhere.
- End the session with thanksgiving and praise to the God who hears and answers our prayer.
Special Focus Prayer Against Evil | Vaccine Injury
- Matthew 15:13. Pray in a fiery manner and with authority that every plant growing in people as a result of the vaccine and boosters be pulled up in Jesus’ Name
- Psalm 35:1-10. Lord fight against those who fight against and demean the poor and helpless
- Matthew 3:10. Pray that if anything is not bearing good fruit such as the “vaccine tree” that it be cut down in Jesus’ name
What to do with personal/family time
Saturday and Sunday evenings during this fast are a great time for parents, spouses, and children as applicable to gather for some life-giving spiritual activity. You may use a worship video for singing, reading scripture passages, talking about what God is doing amongst you, etc. Let the Lord lead you.
- Daily: Morning Prayer Online at 7 – 7.30 am
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Evening Prayer In-person at Church Building 6 – 7 pm (Livestreamed)
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: Evening Prayer Online at 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: No evening gathering online or in person – your personal/family time