Saturday, January 13, 2024
Divine Encounters and Covenants
God Almighty the Law Giver is working in us and walking with us through the means and power of a legal foundation He instituted by Himself. Spiritual law forbids that a spirit walk on the earth without a physical body (see Psalm 115:16.) Those who walk Deeper With Jesus will find out soon enough that everything in our faith walk hinges on a living legal foundation encapsulated within a document (Holy Scriptures) established by the death of a Testator that is The Man Christ Jesus.
Every Christian enters God’s family through a process of adoption. This process was created by an old covenant and fulfilled in a New Covenant in Christ Jesus. Before Christ’s advent, God worked through the Old Covenant with Father Abraham to create a course through a human lineage to bring Christ the “Second Adam” (see 1 Corinthians 15:45) into the world. Once Christ was manifested the old was done away with and the new replaced it. That is why there is an Old Testament and a New Testament. The New Testament was a patient trip through the realm of time to ensure no stone was left unturned for the eternal God to take the form of mortal humanity. Jesus Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Old to usher in the New legal document that today testifies to God’s perfect will.
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
God appeared to each of these three men, three generations of one family (see Genesis 12:7, Genesis 26:2, Genesis 35:9). God instituted the covenant (that would embrace all of humanity) with Abram and reaffirmed it through Isaac and Jacob. Christ came through that covenant.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.Galatians 3:26-29 NKJV
Your Covenant With The Father
The Covenant is revealed in a multi-layered document with many provisions. Those provisions allow for any individual, a leader, a nation, a people group, a family, and even a business owner, etc to make what I would call a special covenant with God. If the Lord ever asks you for a sacrifice there’s no doubt that a covenant is brewing. How do I know this? Read for yourself:
“Gather My saints together to Me,Psalm 50:5 NKJV
Those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.”
This is exactly what Jacob did on his way to Padan Aram. He must have been overwhelmed going to a place he didn’t know not sure of what challenges he would face. Nerve Wracking! While asleep at Bethel, The Lord appeared to him in a dream and reaffirmed the Abrahamic Covenant. However, when he woke up the next morning he wasted no time in cutting himself a special deal with the Lord. Read for yourself:
18 Then Jacob rose early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put at his head, set it up as a pillar, and poured oil on top of it. 19 And he called the name of that place Bethel; but the name of that city had been Luz previously. 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and clothing to put on, 21 so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the Lord shall be my God. 22 And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be God’s house, and of all that You give me I will surely give a tenth to You.”Genesis 28:18-22 NKJV
Jacob knew well that there was a subsisting Divine Covenant of Abraham, inherited by his father Isaac which he would also inherit. Yet he went ahead to enter a special agreement with God for himself.
When you fast with prayer for any length of time it is a great opportunity to review and renew covenants that exist between you and God. If none exists you can cut a deal with Him. The days are getting darker. Friends we will need a multiplied grace to navigate the rough patches ahead. He is Lord of all and He has all the wisdom and resources we need to forge ahead. One of such is approaching Him for mercy. Jacob did it you can as well depending on your circumstances. You can start today!
Let Us Pray
Enjoy some worship and Host The Presence Of God
Please read and use the verses provided below for prayer following the “Model Prayer” Template
- Psalm 27. Give thanks to God for the completion of Day 7. Thank Him for making it to Day 8. Ask for continued strength to complete the fast for yourself and others embarking on this fast. Thank God for His answers in this regard.
- Matthew 6:9. Hallow (honor and respect greatly) His name. His Name is Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Would you call Him by those names and reflect on how He is indeed showing Himself in these names to you?
- Matthew 6:10, Acts 10:1-8. The Lord’s will is that none should perish (see 2 Peter 2:9). Pray specifically for the Cornelius in our neighborhoods, that the Lord will miraculously guide them to the help they need and to come into the salvation that Jesus gives.
- Covenant within the Covenant: Are you moved to cut a special agreement for yourself from the Lord? Think about it. Pray about it.
- Matthew 6:11, Genesis 26:1-3 and 12. As groceries and other essentials increase in price due to inflation and getting worse pray that the Lord will provide as He did for Isaac in Gerar during a famine.
- Matthew 6:12, Matthew 11:6. Have you forgiven anyone in the church that offended you? Release other Christians you may have a grudge against. Let it go in Jesus name!
- Matthew 6:13b, Ephesians 6:10-12, Psalm 35:1-8. Here’s what I am confessing: “Lord thank you for the authority given to me in Jesus’ name. With that authority, I stand to declare victory over every wile of satan in Jesus Mighty Name.”
- Matthew 6:13c, Revelation 5:8-10. Praise Him for His Kingdom, Power, and Dominion are forever. Glory Hallelujah!