Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Righteousness Unto Holiness III
Noah Kept Good Company
Noah kept good company in a time when all that surrounded him and his family was a world that had descended into a feast of iniquity. The Holy Spirit described the prevailing depraved condition in Genesis 6 as follows: “The wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil.” Does that description look like what we see in our world today?
Conversely, the record for Noah is stated as follows: “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.” What does this mean? It means Noah chose to do differently than the overwhelming majority and attracted the favor of God. He didn’t bow to peer pressure and God who searches the earth to see whose heart is faithful toward Him came to Noah and granted him favor. It was further recorded that “Noah Walked with God.” This means he was a man of prayer who went deeper in his relationship with God. As a result, he inherited righteousness.
7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.Hebrews 11:7 NKJV
Let us not imagine for one second that it was at first an easy thing for Noah’s family to live in those times. I would assume that people mocked him for his preaching and building an ark nowhere near water. The science of the day would have had a field day with Noah as the butt of their jokes. Imagine what kind of taunt and mockery his wife and children must have endured being the one righteous family in a cesspool of evil. But he indeed passed the test and grace came to overcome just like it will for you and me. Amen!
Friends, if God kept and saved the Noah family from the garbage of the day He will without a shadow of a doubt save us and our families from today’s rottenness. We have hope in our Saviour Jesus Christ to keep us as the Apostle Peter writes “We are kept by the power of God.” Peter further writes about Noah confirming his place in history as a preacher of righteousness.
God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly2 Peter 2:4-6 NKJV
We read in the eternal account that “…Noah walked with God…” He didn’t just feel the conviction as a “…just man…” about what was right. Like Job and Abraham, he did what was right despite the overwhelming evil surroundings. We can say that Noah fulfilled the requirement for those who will ascend into the hill of the Lord and His holy place.
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.Psalm 24:3-5 NKJV
Noah went deeper with God. Here again from Peter is a picture of what Noah’s life looked like and what we must aspire to today if we go deeper with Jesus.
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.2 Peter 1:5-11 NKJV
Go Deeper for Righteousness Unto Holiness in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Let Us Pray
Make this song “Pleasing” we used from yesterday our prayer to the Lord today.
Please use the verses provided below for prayer. We are following the Model Prayer Template
- Psalm 28:7-9. Give thanks to God for the completion of Day 4. Ask for continued strength to complete the fast for yourself and others embarking on this fast. Ask for a Divine encounter during this fast. Thank God for all His answers.
- Philippians 2:13. Praise our Father that He works in us both to will and do of his good pleasure. May the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts be acceptable unto Him. Amen!
- Matthew 6:9. Hallow (honor and respect greatly) His name. Praise Him within the context of His names such as Provider, Warrior, Helper, Saviour, Protector, Healer, etc. For example, you can say: “Heavenly Father, I worship you for you are my Saviour, Helper, and Provider…” and continue in that manner.
- Matthew 6:10, Hebrews 6:9, Philippians 2:13. Pray that you know His will and that it be done in your life in every area. Pray that better things that accompany salvation will be formed in and through you in Jesus’ name. Pray like this for your family and others the Lord brings to your attention. Pray specifically that you will receive grace to do righteous acts.
- Matthew 6:11, Philippians 4:19, Psalm 34:10. Ask for Provision for you and anyone else on your mind. Ask for provision for the Church of Jesus across your city as well as all who serve in full or part-time Ministry. Pray for your neighbors even if you do not like them. Ask God to reveal Himself to them if they are unsaved. The Lord will be pleased! 🙂
- Matthew 6:12. Forgive anyone who offended you and ask for His cleansing for known and unknown trespasses.
- Matthew 6:13b, Luke 10:17-18. Jesus has been given power over all the power of the enemy. What are you asking to be delivered from? God is more than able. Ask the Lord to set you free in the name of Jesus.
- Matthew 6:13c, Jude 1:24-25. Praise Him for His Kingdom Power and dominion are forever. Glory Hallelujah!