Monday, January 08, 2024
Righteousness Unto Holiness
Righteousness is right actions in the sight of God. A commitment to righteousness produces personal holiness (sanctification.)
“I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.”Romans 6:19 KJV (read this verse in other versions for punch)
If we desire more of Jesus and increase our commitment to spending time with Him personally and corporately (that is being fully engaged in a local assembly of saints, where truth in the Person of Christ is published) then we will experience spiritual advancement. Holiness is a state of being where our spirit is aligned in one accord with The Father, Son, and Spirit. Does this mean we cannot fail? No! Thankfully while we may fail, the guarantee of the Father is Jesus Christ who died to pay the penalty once for all the sins of mankind.
The desire to be holy unto God is expressed in pursuit. One of the results of making the pursuit of God’s presence primary is the fruit of the Holy Spirit. His presence is a necessary cultivator of His Character.
26 And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine.Leviticus 20:26 NKJV
Imitate The Early Apostles and Saints of Old
Paul writes boldly to the Corinthian Church encouraging them to “copy” him.
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.1 Corinthians 11:1 NKJV
We have a plethora of Biblical saints (people like you and me) who have gone ahead of us. Their exemplary encounters with God were written for our comfort.
4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.Romans 15:4 NKJV
In yesterday’s devotional, we were introduced to (righteous) Saint Job. The scriptures use the word “blameless” to describe him. According to the account, he engaged in righteous acts even offering what I call “just in case” sacrifices on behalf of His children. Interestingly in Chapter 42:1-7, following a discourse between Job and the Almighty, we can reasonably conclude that he stepped up into a state of holiness. Why? Well, let us read Vs. 7-9 and see what the Lord had to say about Job:
7 And so it was, after the Lord had spoken these words to Job, that the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, “My wrath is aroused against you and your two friends, for you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.8 Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, go to My servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and My servant Job shall pray for you. For I will accept him, lest I deal with you according to your folly; because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has.” So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went and did as the Lord commanded them; for the Lord had accepted Job.Job 42:7-9 NKJV
Wow!!! just look at that! The Lord had accepted Job to perform priesthood duties on behalf of his critical friends. Here’s what Job’s story looks like:
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? 4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. 5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.Psalm 24:3-5 NKJV
I believe that “Deeper With Jesus” is a pursuit of the Holy God. Would you agree? Thankfully we have the account of saints gone before and the Lord Jesus Himself our Messiah!
Go Deeper! Righteousness Unto Holiness in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
Let Us Pray
Enjoy some worship… Host The Presence Of God
Please use the verses provided below for prayer. We are following the Model Prayer Template
- Psalm 146:1-5. Give thanks to God for the completion of Day 2. Ask for strength to complete the fast for yourself and others embarking on this fast. Thank God for His answers in this regard.
- 1 Peter 2:9-10. Praise our Father that righteous acts are embedded in our born-again DNA. Declare it today “I have the righteousness of God in my born-again DNA.”
- Matthew 6:9, Isaiah 25:1, Psalm 145:2. Hallow (honor and respect greatly) His name. Praise Him within the context of His names such as Provider, Warrior, Helper, Saviour, Protector, Healer, etc. For example, you can say: “Heavenly Father, I worship you for you are my Saviour, Helper, and Provider…” and continue in that manner.
- Matthew 6:10, Hebrews 6:9, Philippians 2:13. Pray that you know His will and that it be done in your life in every area. Pray that better things that accompany salvation will be formed in and through you in Jesus’ name. Pray like this for your family and others the Lord brings to your attention. Pray specifically that you will receive grace to do righteous acts.
- Matthew 6:11, Philippians 4:19, Psalm 34:10. Ask for Provision for you and anyone else on your mind. Ask for provision for the Church of Jesus across your city as well as all who serve in full or part-time Ministry. Pray for your neighbors even if you do not like them. Ask God to reveal Himself to them if they are unsaved. The Lord will be pleased! 🙂
- Matthew 6:12. Forgive anyone who offended you and ask for His cleansing for known and unknown trespasses.
- Matthew 6:13b, Ephesians 6:10-12, Corinthians 10:4-5. Cast down every high thing exalting itself against the knowledge of God. Break the power of darkness and speak deliverance from satanic powers. Here’s what I am confessing: “Lord thank you for the authority given to me in Jesus’ name. With that authority, I stand to declare victory over every wile of satan in Jesus Mighty Name.”
- Matthew 6:13c, Revelation 4:11, . Praise Him for His Kingdom Power and dominion are forever. Glory Hallelujah!