Monday, January 22, 2024
Deeper for Souls II
Love And Compassion
We have established that drawing near to Jesus will result among other important things a love for souls because Jesus came to win souls back to God. Do you love people? Jesus loves people because “God so loved the world…” We cannot truly lead souls to Jesus if we are averse to them. Jesus was effective because His love was true and so was expressed in having compassion on the multitudes who were like sheep without a shepherd. See Matthew 9:36. Compassion is a product of genuine love.
People Of Other Persuasions
There are many people of other religious persuasions today who are investigating truth and wondering what in the world among religious beliefs are true. You see friend, the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God has put eternity in our hearts.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.Ecclesiastes 3:11 NKJV
What this means is that God has put a nagging question about what happens after life and where we are going. I believe firmly that there is no human created by God who does not ask this question. This is why everybody believes in one thing or the other including atheists who think rather unfortunately that there is no God. That in itself is a belief system. The verse concludes that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. This is why only God can draw a person to Himself by a twin set of instruments called grace and mercy. Jesus is grace and mercy. Hallelujah!
4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,Titus 3:4-5 NKJV
Multitudes of people of other religious persuasions are asking questions in their hearts because eternity is a big question. Many are not satisfied with the answers Islam, Buddhism, Confucianism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Gnosticism, New Age, etc, have to offer and are looking for alternatives. How do we then find these potentials and lead them to Jesus? The answer is that we must pray for them first.
Praying For The Unsaved
Jesus said, “Whatever you ask in my name I will do it.” Apostle John clarifies in 1 John 5:14
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.1 John 5:14-15 NKJV
What better thing to ask in God’s will than the salvation of souls? Reading through the book of Acts I find many portraits of our next-door nonbelieving neighbors and co-workers who are asking eternity-related questions in their hearts. I see Lydia in Philippi whom God opened her heart to hear the things spoken by Paul. I see Cornelius to whom an angel was sent to refer him to Peter to be led to the way of salvation. It is time to pray fervently for the Lydia and Cornelius around us that they and their households may come to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
Be Like Andrew
Andrew brought his brother Peter to Jesus. And Peter went on to become one of Christian history’s most famous and consequential personalities. Lord help me, help us bring people to you.
One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother. 41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ). 42 And he brought him to Jesus.
Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).John 1:40-42 NKJV
Who will you bring to Jesus this year? Do we love Him enough to pursue the sinner/unsaved for Him?
Let Us Pray
Let Us Host The Presence Of God
Please read and use the verses provided below for prayer following the “Model Prayer” Template
- Psalm 100. Give thanks to God for the completion of Day 16. Thank Him for making it to Day 17. Praise God that you will complete this fast successfully.
- Matthew 6:9. Hallow (honor and respect greatly) His name. He is our Helper and the Saviour of our souls.
- Matthew 6:10, Matthew 28:19, John 3:16. The Lord’s will is that we lead others to Him. Pray that He helps you lead your family to Jesus. Write their names somewhere and ask the Lord for grace to pray them into God’s Kingdom. Ask the Holy Spirit to place His love in your heart for people.
- Matthew 6:11, 1 Kings 17:1-8. The God who provided for Elijah in severe famine has a plan for difficult times for us His children. Pray that God will give us a deeper insight into this area.
- Matthew 6:12, Hebrews 12:15 are you bitter over anyone or any situation? Let it go. Give it to Jesus.
- Matthew 6:13b, Luke 10:17-19. Pray with authority over every machination of the evil and lawless one.
- Matthew 6:13c, Revelation 5:8-10. Praise Him for His Kingdom, Power, and Dominion are forever. Glory Hallelujah!