Saturday, January 20, 2024
Deeper for Deliverance II
We ended part I by asking the question of how anyone would know if they needed deliverance from demonic influence. Unclean spirits mock the Lord by influencing people to do things that God hates. They work consistently with temptation, and harassment, causing people to think they are helpless in temptation and rationalizing sinful living. This is exactly what the enemy did in the Garden of Eden when he said:
“You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” 6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.Genesis 3:4b-6 NKJV
Cast Out Devils
Casting out devils should be a routine thing we do as followers of Jesus. What do I mean by this? when we pray during our devotions I think it would be paramount to cast out devils whether we see them, feel their evil presence or not. Why do I say this? Well, for four primary reasons.
First, it is a mandate that Jesus made clear with His description of the signs that will follow those who believe in Him. He said of us “In my Name, they shall cast out devils.” Secondly, if devils are not cast out whether we see them or not, they will continue to wreak havoc in our area of jurisdiction. Third we are making room for the Kingdom to expand on the earth as the scriptures say “…Neither give place to the devil.” The fourth reason, Jesus included this in His template for prayer with the sentence “Deliver us from the evil one…” This encapsulates a responsibility to ask for Divine protection and then believe that He has given us as we continue doing what He said, “cast out devils.”
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.Luke 10:19 NKJV
The more we use the Lord’s prayer as a guide for prayer sessions it will become clear that everything we need to include in prayer is in there and that includes the “deliver us from evil” part. While it is God’s power in Jesus’ Name that guarantees and grants deliverance by the operation of the Holy Spirit our role is to employ that power by issuing the necessary command to agents of darkness. The Lord’s prayer closes right after “deliver us from evil” with the emphatic statement “for yours is the Kingdom the power and the glory forever.”
We are Kingdom Ambassadors with Divine Authority to cast out devils (see Ephesians 2:10.) Jesus set the example with several of His disciples.
17 When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, “Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!”
18 “Yes,” he told them, “I saw Satan fall from heaven like lightning! 19 Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. 20 But don’t rejoice because evil spirits obey you; rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”Luke 10:17-20 NLT
We will cast out devils in Jesus’ Name out of people and out of environments where the Lord has sent us. His name will be glorified as His Kingdom Authority and Power are brought to bear on the malfeasance of the enemy.
7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.James 4:7 NLT
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJV
The Lord provided for third-party help within the local church. Do not suffer in silence. We are called to be burden bearers. The enemy thrives in secret.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.Proverbs 18:10 NKJV
If you are going through some demonic affliction seek help with your local church minister and elders. See James 5:13-16.
Let Us Pray
Let Us Host The Presence Of God
Please read and use the verses provided below for prayer following the “Model Prayer” Template
- Psalm 99. Give thanks to God for the completion of Day 14. Thank Him for making it to Day 15. Declare that you will finish strong and see great rewards because He promised to hear us when we call.
- Matthew 6:9. Hallow (honor and respect greatly) His name.
- Matthew 6:10, Mark 16:17. The Lord’s will is that we are free from demonic obsession, oppression, or possession. Take the authority given to you in Jesus’ name and cast out devils operating in and around any environment you have jurisdiction over such as your own home.
- Matthew 6:11, Genesis 26:1-3 and 12. As groceries and other essentials increase in price due to inflation and getting worse pray that the Lord will provide as He did for Elijah
- Matthew 6:12, Matthew 5:23-24. Forgiveness and reconciliation are important if our gift must be accepted at the Altar of Prayer. Please note that some people may not want reconciliation. You’re off the hook if that is the case. See Matthew 18:15-17
- Matthew 6:13b, Luke 10:17-19, 1 Corinthians 2:7-8, Colossians 2:15
- Here below is a sample prayer you can use: Adapt it for varied situations. Use the scriptures as well. Use it to pray over your home, workplace, and your family.
- Father, I thank you for the authority you have given me in Jesus’ name to cast out devils. I use this authority and call out every evil spirit promoting confusion (name them accordingly) in my environment. You have no right to be here. This ground belongs to Jesus. This life and body belongs to Jesus of Nazareth the One who defeated you when He rose from the dead. I am seated positionally with Christ in heavenly places. It is written that at His name every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. He has given me authority over you. Therefore I cast you out now in Jesus’ Mighty Name. Leave and never return in the name of Jesus. Lord, I ask that your Holy Presence fill this place today. Thank You, Lord, for hearing and bringing your living word to pass. Glory honour and power are yours today and forever, Amen!
- Matthew 6:13c, Revelation 5:8-10. Praise Him for His Kingdom, Power, and Dominion are forever placing us higher with Christ at the right hand of God far above principalities and powers. Glory Hallelujah!