The King’s Reset Day 4: Reset Me Oh Lord!
Thursday, January 12, 2023
Welcome to Day 4. If you have been fasting how are you feeling? What are your experiences? We’d love to hear from you. Please kindly share a note with us by clicking here
Remember we have said that what God is doing in you is of far greater value than what He does for you or through you. That which will remain and last forever is your spirit while the flesh will die off. Yet as followers of Jesus, we many a time tend to forget this truth and expend ourselves in the pursuit of irrelevancy. We end up in such times derailed and misaligned from Kingdom ideals. Thankfully our God is the God who restores us if we return to Him. He urges us to come as He did to His beloved Israel saying in Jeremiah 3:22, “Return, you backsliding children, And I will heal your backslidings.”
A Divine reset for the individual begins from the core of our being (the human spirit). The Scriptures call this “the heart.”
Psalm 51 is one that David wrote after the Lord sent Prophet Nathan with a rebuke and judgment after his sin with Bathsheba. In it, he appeals to God for mercy by tracing his sinful origin as it is with all humans. David passionately asks for recreation, reorientation toward God, and the relaunch of his heart in service to God. David goes further to ask the Lord not to take His Holy Spirit from him.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,Psalm 51:10-12 NKJV
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
The beauty and power of being a child of God are that the Holy Spirit in us is God living within our spirit, coming upon us while teaching us all things that pertain to life and godliness for a glorious destiny in Christ.
“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.John 14:15-18 NKJV
The Holy Spirit teaches us:
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.John 16:13-15 NKJV
The Holy Spirit is God. He knows what we do not and sees what we cannot. He is the one who will carry out whatever reset surgery we need within our spirit. Paul writes in Philippians 2:13 about how God works in us “both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Today I want to remind myself and my readers that God who created us, The Father of spirits is the only qualified Surgeon of our core which is our spirit.
Prayer Session: Lord Reset (realign) Me |
Please use the worship song links and Scripture verses provided if you would like as fuel for a quality time of prayer.
- Here are two links to songs to help you if you like
- Commit yourself and those of your household as applicable to the Lord. Ask the Surgeon of heaven to do His work in you. May He cleanse us from the filthiness of the flesh and spirit. See 2 Corinthians 7:1
- Read Psalm 51 meditatively (thinking on each verse). Pray as you feel the Holy Spirit showing you things in those verses. Apply the verses and thoughts springing up to yourself and your situation.
- Thank and Praise God for Joy Fountain Church if you are a member and if not still thank and praise God for us and also for your local church where The Father continues to nurture you.
- End your session with thanksgiving
What to do with personal/family time |
Saturday and Sunday evenings during this fast are a great time for parents, spouses, and children as applicable to gather for some life-giving spiritual activity. You may use a worship video for singing, reading scripture passages, talking about what God is doing amongst you, etc. Let the Lord lead you.
Prayer Schedule |
- Daily: Morning Prayer Online at 7 – 7.30 am
- Mondays and Tuesdays: Evening Prayer In-person at Church Building 6 – 7 pm (Livestreamed)
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: Evening Prayer Online at 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: No gathering online or in person – your personal/family time