The King’s Reset Day 2: Praise and Thanksgiving
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
Welcome to the second day of our 21 days of prayer and fasting!
We began by giving God thanks and praise and we will do that for the first 3 days in our morning sessions at 7 am. The Psalmist declared that we enter God’s gates with thanksgiving and further into His courts with praise.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise.Psalm 100:4 NKJV
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
It is in the courts of our God that we experience Divine judgments as we enter in the right manner. The prophet Daniel in a vision was given a clear picture of God delivering judgment against the tool of satan for the deliverance of the saints of God who were continually being oppressed without redress.
“I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.Daniel 7:21-22 NKJV
Are You a Big “Thanksgiver?” |
For Daniel to receive this powerful vision of the determined end of the horn of oppression, he already had an attitude of total surrender and thanksgiving to God in him. Daniel sought to please God in everything and was a big habitual “thanksgiver”. Even when his enemies had planned his demise using legal instruments, Daniel went home to give thanks to God. Wow!
Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.Daniel 6:10 NKJV
There are several times in our lives when it appears that the enemy is prevailing against us. At such times we feel defeated and our resolve to push on becomes diminished. This account from Daniel shows us who wins in the end. For that reason, the laughter of triumph from the camp of the enemy is destined to be shortlived. We win in the end, I win you win in Jesus’ name.
Paul says it best in his letter to the Roman believers:
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.Romans 8:28 NKJV
Nothing lasts forever. No difficulty lasts forever. Every problem has its own expiry date. The enemy can only go so far as the Lord permits. During this season of fasting prayer let your thanksgiving and praise to God ring out clearly regardless of your circumstance. Become a big “thanksgiver.”
Prayer Outline |
Please use the Scripture verses provided as prayer fuel. Read each one wherever provided and let them inspire the fire of prayer in you.
- Read Zechariah 12:10 again today and pray the Lord pours out the Spirit of grace and supplication upon you, on everyone fasting and on those who are still going to join.
- Read Daniel 7:21-22 Give praise to God because He will always give us victory. Through Him we are undefeated.
- Read Daniel 6:1-24 Give thanks to God that no matter how clever the plans of the enemy, we laugh in the end, and satan and his cohorts are put to shame.
- Spend some quality time in worship using your words to praise God. You may use worship music and read some Psalms to help you along as well. Let the Holy Spirit lead you. It’s not difficult. Say something like “Holy Spirit show me where to read in your word.” “Holy Spirit come and help me pray.”
- End your session with thanksgiving
Prayer Schedule |
- Daily | Morning Prayer Online at 7 – 7.30 am
- Mondays – Tuesdays | Evening Prayer In-person at Church Building 6 – 7 pm (Livestreamed)
- Wednesdays – Fridays | Evening Prayer Online at 6 pm
- Saturday – Sunday | No gathering online or in person | Your Personal/Family Time.