The King’s Reset Day 1: Praise and Thanksgiving
Monday, January 09, 2023
Welcome to the first day of our 21 days of prayer and fasting!
As we begin this new year what are you thinking? What are your goals? What are you expecting the Lord to do for you or in you? What God does in us is far more valuable than what He does for us. While both are important He is wanting to change us from the inside out.
Our anchor verse of scripture is taken from Luke 12:32 where Jesus assured His disciples of the Father’s good pleasure to give us the Kingdom. While we will explore this verse in context and content we must first lay a solid foundation to move forward over these 21 days.
Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.Luke 12:32 NKJV
As we set our faces to seek the Lord in unity through prayer and fasting I want you to imagine impossibilities becoming possibilities because we serve a mighty God who is willing to do exceeding abundantly above what we may think or ask.
Also, I think it will be helpful that we begin the first few days by setting our minds on things above and not on things of the earth. By looking up we do one important thing and that is primarily taking our focus from ourselves and our achievements, the world, and its offerings, our family and friendly entanglements, and even problems. This is essential if we must embrace the Almightiness of God. If He becomes mighty in our view then the planet and its many problems, life, and its vicissitudes pale in comparison. Paul in his letter to the Colossian Christians admonishes them to look up.
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.Colossians 3:1-4 NKJV
One way I think we can set our mind on things above and not on things of the earth is by giving praise to God who created us and sent His Son Jesus Christ to take the penalty for our sins. We will spend our first three days in thanksgiving and praise to God who alone is worthy to be praised. Any requests will be focused on God helping us by showering His great grace upon us for this fast.
Use the Scripture verses provided as prayer fuel. Read each one wherever provided and let them inspire the fire of prayer in you.
- Read 1 Chronicles 12:32 Praise God for the grace given us to understand the times and seasons we are in and that He will continue to give us more understanding.
- Read Ezra 8:21 Give thanks for the grace to turn our hearts to fasting rather than depending on something else.
- Ask God to give you and others who are signed up the grace and strength to see the fast through.
- Read Zechariah 12:10 Ask God for the Spirit of grace and supplication for yourself and others.
- Spend some quality time in worship using your words to praise God. You may use worship music and read some Psalms as well. Let the Holy Spirit lead you. It’s not difficult. Say something like Holy Spirit show me where to read in your word.
- End your session with thanksgiving
PS: Please do all in your power to attend the prayers online daily at 7am, Monday and Tuesday evenings at 6pm in person and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 6pm online. No gathering online or in person Saturday and Sunday evenings.