Day 4 – The Eagle Called Abraham
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
In Exodus 19:4 we found that God called Moses an Eagle. That being the case it is healthy to assume the term Eagle Believer. The declaration of Moses as an Eagle Believer also means there are other Eagle Believers and that opens up the window for us to seek out these others in scriptures and see what we can hopefully learn from their walk with God. Another clear example of such a believer was Abraham. His journey began with God calling him out of Ur from among his relatives in Genesis 12:1-5 to go to a land that God was going to show him. Abraham did not have all the details as to where or what the land would look like. All he had was a promise from God and that was plenty as far as Abraham was concerned. God’s promise was more than enough for him to leave his home country with his wife Sarah and nephew Lot to follow God’s leading by faith. but trusted God with his future.
As a believer Abraham already had the spiritual Eagle DNA. However, DNA on its own is not enough. It’s potential has to be released and realized by activation through faith. Abraham’s “weight” in life for a long time was childlessness. These weights could be things such as depression, frustration, feelings of failure, and just the sheer societal embarrassment and social stigma associated with being barren in those days. Weights restrict the ability of any Eagle to mount up. Well, as we read in Romans 4:20-22, Abraham believed God and did not waver in faith. He did not allow his weighty matter in life to destroy his ability to wait on the Lord. It is no wonder that Abraham is regarded as the father of faith. See what the scripture records about his faith in God:
20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.Romans 4:20-21
What weights are weighing you down right now? Are there weights that overwhelm you from time to time hindering your joy and peace in Christ? If they are not dealt with your ability to fly and soar will be hindered. You won’t be able to mount up. Imagine strapping a 30 Ibs weight on an eagle that can carry only 10 Ibs. That’s far more weight the eagle can manage. The same goes for you and me.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author, and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.Hebrews 12:1-2
This year like Abraham, we shall be Eagle Believers indeed who “Mount Up with Wings as Eagles. We will not let our “weights” in whatever fashion stop us from waiting on the Lord. Neither will our faith in Him and what He has said waver. We will lay those weights aside accomplishing victory in Jesus’ Mighty Name. Say a big Amen out loud.
Note: Please PRAY OUT LOUD using the scripture verses provided where applicable. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your heart as you pray. If you know other Bible verses use them. Praying the Word is powerful and helps us focus on using God’s inspired words. Again please PRAY OUT LOUD. Isaiah 58:5-12 focuses on fasting prayer and benefits. Check it out!
- Give thanks for bringing us into Day 4 of our fast. Lamentations 3:23-24
- Praise God for the revelation that flows from the word of God each day during this fast. Jeremiah 15:16
- Give thanks because our Father through the Abrahamic covenant arranged for Christ to come into the world and bless us all. Galatians 3:14
- What are some other things you can give God thanks for? Go ahead give Him praise. Psalm 106:1-4
- Ask the Lord Jesus for his power upon your life at the end of this fast. Luke 4:14a
- Declare that like Abraham who did not question God, you will do the will of God whenever He calls on you. Genesis 12:1-5
- Pray that God will deliver you from any idols that you may not be aware of. Abraham was delivered from idols. Joshua 24:2-3
- Pray for Winnipeg, Manitoba, and Canada. Commit government and leaders into the hands for wisdom to do what is right and helpful for the population. Pray for their salvation. 1 Timothy 2:2
- (Repeat this prayer from yesterday please) Pray for Christians in North America to be ROOTED and prepared for rocky days ahead and not to waver in our faith. 1 Peter 4:12-14, Mark 4:16-17
- What personal or other prayer requests do you have? Present them as well. Jeremiah 29:13
Join us at 6:30am and 6pm for our prayer live stream HERE