Day 2 – Mounting Up with Wings as Eagles
Monday, January 11, 2021
He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might, He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall 31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.Isaiah 40:29-31
In all my years of ministry and since deciding to follow Jesus, I am yet to meet one Christian who hasn’t had several low moments. In fact, our spiritual journey will bring us through many experiences of difficulties. The scriptures tell us in 2 Timothy 3:12 that “all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.” There are places in the world today where being a Christian is enough reason to be classified as a second-class citizen meaning personal rights under the law in some cases are non-existent.
Besides the difficulties that may arise from persecution, there is also the spiritual warfare that we face from time to time. Ask any Christian who has been around for a while and they will tell you that they have experienced spiritual battles too. The apostle Peter reminds us in 1 Peter 5:9 that we are not alone in facing trials.
The Eagle, we have learned, because of its peculiar ability to fly higher than any other bird, is able to fly over storms. Ornithologists (those who study birds) have found that the American Bald Eagle has the ability to fly at an altitude of 10,000 feet, and would usually soar to these heights and glide at that altitude using very little energy. Isn’t that brilliant? Just think about it. God is saying, you will SOAR above situations that are before you.
God has the “goods” on the enemy and in turn good news for you because of Jesus’ sacrifice. If you believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour you have tremendous access to victory over these temporary difficulties. You have been given the grace to Mount Up with Wings as an Eagle.
This year we shall be Eagle Believers indeed who “Mount Up with Wings as Eagles” flying high above life’s stormy weather, satan’s taunts, and insults in Jesus Mighty Name.
Note: Please PRAY OUT LOUD using the scripture verses provided where applicable. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your heart as you pray. If you know other Bible verses use them. Praying the Word is powerful and helps us focus on using God’s inspired words. Again please PRAY OUT LOUD. Isaiah 58:5-12 focuses on fasting prayer and benefits. Check it out!
- Give thanks for bringing us into Day 2 of our fast. His grace is more than sufficient for us. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Praise God that you are an Eagle Believer even if you do not feel that way right now. You can thank and praise God in advance because He promised to give power to the weak. Isaiah 40:29
- Give thanks because our Father has provided for us to SOAR in peace above the storms that threaten us. Philippians 4:6-7
- What are some other things you can give God thanks for? Go ahead give Him praise.
- Ask the Lord Jesus for His strength to finish strong with angels doing their assigned tasks on our behalf during this fast. Mark 1:12-13
- Declare that you will mount up with Wings as an Eagle in Jesus name
- Pray for the special grace BLESSING and the protection of God upon Christians facing severe persecution in many parts of the world such as Pakistan, China, Nigeria, etc. They are blessed. Isaiah 26:3, Luke 6:22
- Pray for Christians in North America to be ROOTED and prepared for rocky days ahead and not to waver in our faith. 1 Peter 4:12-14, Mark 4:16-17
- What personal prayer requests do you have? Present them as well. Jeremiah 29:13
Join us at 6:30am and 6pm for our prayer live stream HERE