Day 10 – Love Jesus the Ultimate Eagle
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
A journey through the Old and New Testament reveals several saints we can without any doubt call Eagle Believers. In Hebrews Chapter 3 we are introduced to the Eagle of all Eagles, The Lord Jesus Christ Himself.
Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus, 2 who was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was faithful in all His house. 3 For this One has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as He who built the house has more honor than the house.Hebrews 3:1-3 NKJV
Bear in mind that an apostle is one sent by God on a special assignment. The Holy Spirit in penning those scripture verses in Hebrews shows us that Jesus Christ was Heaven’s Apostle. Jesus the Ultimate Apostle came from Heaven to Earth to save us from our sin, self, and satan’s power. Since an apostle is one sent by God on a special mission and we also see that Moses an Eagle Believer was mentioned in those set of verses as an apostle then it follows through that Jesus is also the Ultimate Eagle.
If we are looking to be Eagle Believers, those who will be intentional in going further, those who will surrender to God’s will like the ones we have been learning about, then our best bet is to sit at Jesus’ feet and learn from Him. He is actually calling you to come closer and drink at the deep wells of His wisdom. Will you drop every hindrance, every doubt, every limitation and just come for the drink of life? Jesus says:
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”Matthew 11:29-30 NKJV
The Body of Christ
The scriptures teach us that the Church is Jesus’ body. In the book of Revelation Chapters 1 through 3, Jesus has a message for seven categories of Churches. It is quite an interesting read. Check it out! If we believe that the Church is Jesus’ body, then our learning from and relating with Him must begin with His body. How we related to His body here is an indication of where we are in our walk with Him. Here are some very practical things to consider:
- The Church is a place of an imperfect (yet holy by God’s grace) community consisting of every follower of Jesus like yourself.
- God has placed the five office gifts of apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher, and evangelist in the church for our maturation. Ephesians 4:11-14
- We must care for the wellbeing of the Church always with the mindset that we are either hurting or helping the body.
- A warm and heartfelt desire for fellowship and to be around the body is a clear indication that it is well with your spirit. The opposite is also true.
- Love for other believers is a test of whether we truly love God.
The pandemic and long-drawn shutdown in our nation has affected every local church. If you have grown cold to the gathering of the saints in person during this season and your longing is gone you may very well need revival. The cold heart began before the pandemic shutdown. On the other hand, if there is a longing for the gathering, it is a very healthy thing and can be likened to a desire for meeting friends and family members you love. Do you love Jesus? Ask Him to help you love His body.
If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.1 John 4:20-21 NKJV
Eagle Believers love Jesus and His body. Be an Eagle Believer in 2021
- Praise God for reaching day 10. His mercies are everlasting.
- Praise God for the Word feast we have enjoyed during this fast. Jeremiah 3:15
- Praise God for answered prayers. Jeremiah 29:13
- Praise God for His love for us despite of our imperfections
- Ask the Lord to baptize your heart with His love and that your love will not become cold. Matthew 24:12
- Pray that in the local churches the love of Christ will reign supreme.
- Pray that we will have true forgiveness in our hearts. Ephesians 4:32
- Cast out from JFC the work of evil spirits that seek to sow dissension now and in the future.