Day 3 – Prayer & Fasting
Tuesday, January 07, 2020
Follow Jesus: Because He Invites
19 Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!”Matthew 4:18 NLT
28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”Matthew 11:28-30 NLT
37 On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! 38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” 39 (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)John 7:37 NLT
Jesus invites people to Himself and His Church like no other. The enemy being the incurable liar that he is has gotten many who desire to come to or even return to faith in Christ to believe the lie that Jesus will not pardon. And so they hang in the balance. While the earth remains there is pardon for the sinner. The scripture says “whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” God is willing but many have been hobbled by satan’s lies. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus announces “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”
For you as a Christian Jesus still asks you to follow by saying just like He said to John the beloved in the book of revelation “come up…” He invites us to “come up” to a higher walk and to “come near” for a deeper walk.
Have you strayed, are you struggling, have you believed a lie? The truth is that Jesus is closer than ever by the power of his Holy Spirit. If you call He will hear and answer you. He said “I will never leave you or forsake you.” He also said “their sins and iniquities I will remember no more”
Did you know that you can Follow Jesus in this area. We can all work to invite just one person a year into the Kingdom. Think about it.
- Give thanks to the Father for the open door of invitation through Jesus Christ.
- Ask the Lord to help you be a follower in the area of inviting someone into the Kingdom. You can be the catalyst for somebody’s divine calling.
- You probably know someone right now who is hanging in the balance. You know they should return to faith in Christ. Pray for them and break the chains of satan’s lies in their lives. Destroy demonic strongholds.
- Pray for JFC to see many conversions and revival in personal lives
- Commit our new location into His hands to become a house of prayer and a place of miracles, a place where many will respond yes to Jesus’ invitation to “come.”