Prayer Starters: From November 4, 2023
Friday, November 03, 2023
We gather on Saturday, November 4 for the most important gathering of each month to pray very specific prayers over a 3-hour period. Following the extended prayer meeting, we shall continue praying throughout the month of November using these prayer guidelines every day during our private and family prayer times.
Please feel free to add to the prayer guidelines as the Spirit of God lays things on your heart.
There are always 6/7 sections that can take you an hour or more to pray through. Attempt praying for 1 hour if you can make the time. In the event that praying for 1 hour daily is not realistic for you at this point, attempt a whole hour of prayer once a week using these prayer points and any other ones that well up in your spirit. PRAY AT HOME
If you are able, please come to the Prayer Summit meeting each month FASTING. You may have water tea or juice between the hours of 6 am and 3 pm.
This means we are encouraging fasting for all Prayer Summits. Prayer sessions are from Noon to 3 p.m. with fasting on the first Saturday of each month. Please note that some prayer points will be repeated as the Spirit of God may lead us from month to month.
1. Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving. Psalms 95, Psalms 34:1-8
The year 2023 is almost coming to an end. The enemy appears to be busy as usual. The good news is that our God is also busy doing what He does best. He provides for us, cares for us, and continues to help us by His Holy Spirit grow in Christ.
- What are you thankful for? Please be specific in listing items you are thankful for.
- Do you know anyone who has recently or sometime this year accepted Jesus as Lord? Give thanks to God for those people who are now a member of God’s Family. See Luke 15:7
- Praise Him for the things you can recall on your list
Prayer of Repentance and Consecration.
Let’s begin with a prayer of repentance and consecration. Sit before the Lord silently for a few moments and let Him bring to mind things you need to deal with.
- Practice confession of known sins before the Lord. 1 John 1:9
- Practice forgiveness by releasing those who have offended you. Mark 11:25-26
- Practice asking for forgiveness from those who may have been offended
Scripture Text Meditation and 1 hr Prayer Session:
The first hour is divided into 3 parts. We begin by giving praise to God our Father. We then engage in a journey through scripture meditation where we pray congregationally about the will of The Father as it is revealed to us.
Praying The Model Prayer for 1 Hour
During this session please read meditatively for 5-7 minutes all of John 2:1-11. Make a note of what pops out to you. We will use the verses and messages that stand out to you for congregational prayer points.
Pray for One Another
During this session let us take a moment to pray for one another. What are the things you need prayer for? Let us take turns in praying for one another.
2. The God Who Provides and Protects
There is no doubt that inflation has taken a big bite out of the paycheck of the majority of Canadian paychecks. Inflation and out-of-reach cost of living are a reality in human history and tend to repeat for various reasons. God provides for His people no matter the situation.
Let us pray using these verses of scripture Philippians 4:19, Psalm 37:25,
- Drawing our examples and references from scripture, give praise to God for His faithfulness throughout all the generations for providing for His people.
- Using the Scriptures provided let us again praise God for “He is the same yesterday today and forever” and what He has done before He can do again in these times. He will surely provide for us.
- Declare miraculous provision in every way for families who are now going through difficulties.
- Declare that no one in Joy Fountain Church will lack any good thing.
God also PROTECTS us from the evil scourging the land. Read Psalm 91:1-16. Let us pray using this Psalm.
- Declare verses 1 and 2 that because we are saved by grace through Jesus Christ we are under the Shadow of the Most High.
- Pray Verse 3 through 16 as written by the Psalmist. Pray and declare these things over your family and the body of Christ with the Authority you have been given in Christ.
3. Deeper With Jesus
Jesus has called us into an ongoing relationship with Him. Our first and most important assignment is to be with Him. Everything else is secondary. If we are with Him and grow in Him it means we will have a deeper relationship. We must go deeper!
Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:Mark 3:14-15 NKJV
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.Ephesians 3:14-19 NKJV
Pray for yourself using the two scripture verses provided above as follows:
- Father give me the grace to spend quality time with you daily.
- As I spend time with you let me receive your power over sickness and disease according to your will.
- Strengthen my inner man with might through your Spirit.
- I pray that Christ dwells in my heart through faith
- Let me be rooted and grounded in love for You and for Your people
- Cause me to comprehend the width, length, depth, and height of your mercy.
- Fill me with Your Holy Spirit
- Repeat this prayer for the church and others in your life such as spouse, children, and family.
4. Remember “The King’s RESET” 2023? Read Isaiah 43:19
Early in 2023, we defined a reset as “to make new.” Previously each Tuesday in November 2022, we had fasted and prayed for the King’s reset in our lives and our nation. As we stated then we restate even now that a reset can occur in our lives because God is our Father, and we have a covenant with Him. A Divine reset can also happen in our nation because He is the Judge of all the earth.
Using the verses of scripture included and other verses you would like, let us revisit the following prayer requests asking for Isaiah 43:19 in the following areas:
- Reset in families.
- Reset in homes and marriages
- Reset in our Canadian Government
In what small or major areas have you seen resets happening? Pay attention and you will be amazed.
5. “Casting Down Every High Thing…”
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.2 Corinthians 10:3-6 NKJV
- Pray that the citizens of this great country will grow in unity against any semblance of authoritarian evil.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Balaam seeking to hurl curses and hexes against the people of God.
- Pray against the works of satan and his minions
- Pray the prayer of the “Random Arrow” prophecy: that those who refuse the counsel of God (while hindering God’s work) like King Ahab be brought to swift justice.
- Use the authority granted us in Jesus’ name over the spirits of sorcery and sorcerers operating like Simon in our neighborhood and nation for the release of those whose minds are held captive. Acts 8:9-13, 1 Corinthians 4:4
6. Give Thanks and Praise for Answered Prayers
God chooses to answer our prayer in the way He determines to be best for us. He is always at work and what may appear like a delay with God is never a denial. Let us be encouraged by this scripture
“The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.”Psalm 34:17 NKJV
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV
Look out and pay attention to see areas where the Father is moving and answering prayers. Give Him Praise! Amen!
Our next Prayer Summit will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2023. Remember a prayer gathering of the church of Jesus Christ is the most important gathering of any month. Our prayer gatherings where we pray the will of God from the scriptures set the tone for everything else that happens within the Church community. Please plan to attend. See you there!
MORE IMPORTANTLY GO DEEPER WITH GOD. PRAY AT HOME!